Our client, a co-educational institution operating Nursery, Primary and High School situated in Festac Lagos is recruiting to fill the position of: Computer Science in its Secondary School.
Project Location(s): Festac Town, Lagos
The job functions include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability to understand and utilize their knowledge of in Computer Studies.
- To oversee the provision of relevant and up to date advice and support for students as it relates to the subject.
- To co-ordinate the selection and development of appropriate syllabus and courses in line with related resources.
- To maintain full and accurate records of students’ achievements as it relates to the subject.
- Deliver engaging, coherent and motivating lessons to students across in varying classes.
- Utilize learning technology in the planning and delivery of lessons.
- To keep up to date with curriculum change and reforms.
- Develop lesson plans in line with the curriculum objectives.
- To plan for, provide and maintain the physical resources necessary for learning and the delivery of chosen syllabuses and courses (including for example; books, past papers, file shares, furniture, equipment etc). Where necessary, liaise with other department to achieve this feat.
- To undertake, where appropriate, other roles, which may arise either in the department or in the wider school environment.
- Any other duties relating to the job as required from time to time by the Head of School/Principal.
- The preferred candidate must have a minimum of a (B. Ed) or (B.Sc.) with a PGD in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related courses
- Must have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience.
- Must possess strong practical knowledge and skills in various computing technologies.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about teaching and be able to demonstrate a genuine care for young children.
- Candidates who live within Ago Palace/Amuwo Odofin/Festac/Surulere and its environs is preferred. Candidates outside these locations must be willing to relocate.